Values & Policies
IntroductionThrough continuous, caring development of its total resources, ever mindful of safety and environmental propriety ECE Oil & Gas LTD has developed policies, practices, procedures and systems progressively expanding its core business.
ISO 9001, First Point, Achilles, UVDB Verify, ISO 14000, ISO 18000
Our Mission Statement
ECE Oil and Gas Ltd supports and actively encourages good engineering practice, excellence in all aspects of customer relationships, promotes ethical and competent engineering practice adding value to their customers demanding and complex projects.
Electrical/Instrument engineering including manufacturing, consulting services, conceptual and detailed design permit the production and assembly of process control panels, data gathering, communications packages in controlled conditions utilizing state of the art Technology from concept to handover.
The primary objective of our company is to exceed the needs and expectations of our customers at all times by continuously providing verified “fit for purpose”, high quality products and services, complying fully with their specified requirements on time and within budget.For and on behalf of ECE Oil and Gas Ltd
QualityECE operate a Quality Assurance programme which meets the relevant requirements of BS EN ISO 9001 2000 for the following groups:
- Project Management
Quality Policy Statement
ECE Oil and Gas (the ‘Organisation’) aims to provide defect free goods and services to its clients on time and within budget.
The Organisation operates a Quality Management System that has gained BS EN ISO 9001: 2000 certification, including aspects specific to the project management, design, manufacture, inflation, commissioning and maintenance of mechanical and electrical systems.The management is committed to:
- Develop and improve the Quality Management System
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- The enhancement of client satisfaction
- Ensure that client needs and expectations are determined and fulfilled with the aim of achieving client satisfaction
- Communicate throughout the Organisation the importance of meeting client needs and legal requirements
- Establish the Quality Policy and its objectives
- Ensure that the management review meeting sets and reviews the quality objectives, and reports on the Internal audit results as a means of monitoring and measuring the processes and the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Ensure the availability of resources
The structure of the Quality Management System is defined in this Quality Manual.
All personnel understand the requirements of this Quality Policy and abide with the contents of the Quality Manual.
The Organisation complies with all English and EU legislation and regulations specifically related to its business activities.
The Organisation constantly monitors its quality performance and implements improvements when appropriate.
This Quality Policy is regularly reviewed in order to ensure its continuing suitability.
Copies of the Quality Policy and the Management Review minutes are given to all members of staff as a means of communicating the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
Health & SafetyECE operate a H&S Assurance programme in accordance with BS EN ISO 18000
Our commitment to Health, Safety and Environmental issues is detailed in the following documents which are available at your request.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Health and Safety Statistics
ECE are familiar with the Health & Safety standards and current Health & Safety legislation required.
There are other procedures and documents in place to support the organisation for a correct and safe implementation of all Health and Safety regulations and standards. Following some of the most important procedures / documents, available at your request:
- Health and Safety at Work company handbook
- Health and Safety
- Sub Contractor’s Health, Safety & Environmental Assessment Environmental Policy
In general we will prepare an H&S Plan for each contract award, taking the H&S Policy into consideration.
ECE Oil & Gas recognises that under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) it has a legal duty to ensure, so far as reasonably practical, the health, safety and welfare of all its employees, members of the public and all users affected by its operation.
The Directors of this company accept this duty, and it will continue to be the policy of the Company, as it has always been, to give the greatest importance to these matters, considering that safety is a management responsibility at least equal to that of any other function. It is equally the legal duty of every employee to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions and to co-operate with management on the safety, health and welfare of employees as a whole. Successful Health and Safety management and control will lead to a successful business environment. ECE Oil & Gas Ltd has appointed the Managing Director as having overall responsibility for matters of Health, Safety and Environment.
The Company will see that all personnel are competent to carry out the duties required of them. To achieve the necessary degree of competency, the Company will ensure that adequate support (financial or otherwise) is available to provide information, instruction, training and supervision. Health and Safety performance measurement will be carried out. Health and Safety assistance will come from the internally as well as from outside sources such as the Health & Safety Executive and other industry experts.
The management of the Company believe that, given such care and co-operation by its employees, it is possible for it to conduct its operations in such a way that injury to employees, and loss or damage to property can be reduced to a minimum. To achieve this the Company will continue to participate in joint consultation, to provide the necessary equipment and resources and to regularly check and review its Safety Organisation including the Health & Safety Policy document which as a minimum will be updated annually. The H & S Policy document will be communicated to all employees and they will be consulted on its continued application.
The Company is sufficiently competent to carry out its undertakings without incurring undue risk and to comply with all the relevant statutory provisions. In compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (1994), it is well resourced to actively and effectively manage health and safety matters. Resources include the necessary plant, machinery, Technical facilities, trained personnel and time to fulfil its obligations.
EnvironmentalECE operate a Environment Assurance programme in accordance with BS EN ISO 14000
ECE Oil and Gas (the ‘Organisation’) recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice relating to the utilities industry and the Organisation’s activities. It is the Organisation’s objective to operate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the Organisation’s declared policy to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisation’s activities
- Training of employees in environmental issues
- Minimise the production of waste
- Minimise material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage
- Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- Control noise emissions from operations
- Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Organisation
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
In drafting and reviewing the Environmental Policy all personnel involved ensure that it:
- Is appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities
- Includes a commitment to continual improvement and the prevention of pollution
- Includes a commitment to comply with the relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and with the other requirements to which the Organisation subscribes
- Provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets
- Is documented, implemented and maintained and communicated to all employees
- Is available to the public